The Clinical Liaison serves as a scientific and clinical expert between Sequenom and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL), Health Care Professionals (HCP), Major Medical Associations and Academic Centers through the dissemination, clarification and education of pertinent scientific and clinical information. The Clinical Liaison establishes long term science based relationships with KOLs that help to ensure that KOLs and organizations have access to current, accurate and relevant scientific information through the process of education via one-on-one interactions, small group discussion and presentations. The Clinical Liaison will work to define strategies that support medical education programs, review medical and scientific content of promotional materials, as well as to maintain KOL relationships. The Clinical Liaison also interacts with payers, local health care providers and consultants and various groups within the company, including, Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, Research/Development, and Clinical.
The ideal candidate may be based in Southern California or Texas, with estimated travel of 50%.
Apply & View Full Job Description
- Thought Leader Development: Serves as a liaison between Sequenom and high level KOLs, to develop and build strategic relationships.
- Work within a diverse team of field based MSLs to provide educational support to providers, payers, and advocates on products and prenatal testing offered through the Sequenom Laboratories.
- Work with contacts outside of the company including health care providers, investigators and collaborators, influential clinicians, KOLs, and advisory boards, as appropriate.
- Serve as an expert resource on Sequenom products and associated disease states and provide educational support for the field sales group and other internal partners.
- Work with payer and insurer Medical Directors as well as professional organization guideline committee members to assure that products are appropriately described for usage and coverage.
- Facilitate clinical advisory boards.
- Lead Clinical Congress and Symposia scientific activities in collaboration with R&D, marketing and other cross-functional team members.
- In collaboration with marketing, develop multi-channel medical educational activities and tools including speaker programs, slide kits, CME events, on-line educational events, etc.